HOT OR CHILLED GCF SPICED SPRING CARROT SOUP RECIPE
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 to 3 small green onions, white and
light green parts only, cleaned and chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Gold Cardamom Fruitas Pods
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ pounds young carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups (1 quart) filtered water
- ¼ cup plain yogurt or full fat coconut milk for serving
- Chopped flat leaf parsley or carrot fronds for garnish
- Melt coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sweat the green onions, garlic, and pepper flakes for 1 to 2 minutes or just until glossy. Do not brown or develop color.
- Add carrots, salt, cinnamon and Gold Cardamom Fruitas Pods and cook another 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are very soft, 20-25 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in a high speed blender.
- If serving cold, chill soup for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Divide soup between 4 to 6 bowls and place a spoonful of yogurt or drizzle of coconut milk in center of each and finish with chopped parsley or carrot fonds and a pinch of additional salt and freshly ground pepper if desired.